DME Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant position supports the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Manager in the day to day operation of our lending program. This includes data entry, customer contact both in person, on the telephone, and over the internet. Exceptional customer relation skill is essential in this position. Many people will be experiencing financial hardship with medical equipment needs. We must be sensitive and empathetic to our client’s needs and circumstances.
Essential Job Functions
- Must ensure the highest customer service standards. and must be able to handle problems and issues appropriately without being frustrated or offensive to the public.
- Be knowledgeable of the various pieces of durable medical equipment we lend.
- Assist the DME Manager in creating an attractive, clean outer office area.
- Must keep information in a confidential and secure manner
- Must be able to adhere to project and work deadlines
- Must be able to go back and forth between tasks and still stay on track.
- Must be accurate with data entry
- Must be able to work independently from the DME Manager
- Must understand verbal and written instructions
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior work experience with a variety of customers.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and willing to work weekends.
- Knowledge of using WORD, EXCEL and comfortable with data entry
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have excellent people skills
- This position entails working with assorted items large and small.
- This includes lifting, bending, standing, sorting, labeling, and cleaning.
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Possess a valid Driver’s license and willing to drive company van to pickup and/or drop off Durable Medical Equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
Please drop of the completed job application at "turn A leaf" Thrift Store. We are located at:
400 N Yenlo Street
Wasilla AK 99654