The Salesclerk assists in the general operations of the thrift store. This includes processing donations, sorting, pricing, tagging, selecting, and shelving, operating the cash register and other responsibilities as assigned. Our salesclerks love to help people and take pride in maintaining the fresh clean appearance of our store and the merchandise we sell.
- Must ensure high customer service standards
- Prepare merchandise for sale by pricing and tagging a variety of merchandise we sell.
- Assist Management in creating an attractive shopping environment, which includes neatly stacking, shelving, and hanging clothing, bedding and other donated good.
- Work with Management to enforce pricing policies and special promotions to maximize sales
- Must keep information in a confidential and secure manner
- Must be able to adhere to project and work deadlines
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior work experience in a retail setting.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and willing to work weekends.
- Knowledge of using a cash register including void transactions, making change, tax exempt sales
- Excellent math/accounting skills and familiarity working with cash receipts.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have excellent people skills and must be able to handle problems and issues appropriately without being frustrated or offensive to the public.
- This position entails working with assorted items large and small.
- This includes lifting, bending, standing, sorting, labeling, merchandising, and cleaning.
- Experience in retail store preferred
- Possess a valid Driver’s license and/or has transportation
- Ability to follow directions given verbally and/or written
Please drop of the completed job application at "turn A leaf" Thrift Store. We are located at:
400 N Yenlo Street
Wasilla AK 99654