TURN-A-LEAF THRIFT STORE
Helping Mat-Su Valley Residents when they need help
An average of 1200 Valley individuals and families are supported annually with medical equipment, household and clothing expenses. turn-A-leaf’s merchandise and medical equipment loan programs have been supporting Valley individuals and families at no cost for over 60 years.
All thrift store proceeds stay in the Mat-Su Valley to support our neighbors. This can help relieve financial stress from working families, children, and seniors by providing necessities such as winter coats, shoes, clothes, work uniforms, toiletries and more.
We stand out from other thrift stores is by offering merchandise vouchers and medical equipment loans to provide additional savings to those in need.
You can drop off your items at our turn-A-leaf Thrift Store at 400 N. Yenlo Street in Wasilla. If you don’t have the means to drop off and need someone to pick up; Please click on the Donation Pick up button to make a schedule for us to pick up.
Your sell-able donations give us the ability to serve residents of the Mat-Su Valley. However, due to limited funds we need your help to reduce our monthly garbage bill. You can do this by holding onto your non-sell-able items.
- Any clothing donations with stains, burns, tears, animal hair, broken zippers or buttons missing.
- Any donation that require repairs.
- Any Non-Clothing donation that is damaged, burns, torn, stained or has animal hair.
- Any donation we cannot sell due to size or liability. (i.e. TVs over 32”)(Refer to items we “Cannot Accept”)
- Our garbage bill is comprised almost entirely from non-sell-able items; and redirects staff hours from processing donations to fund programs.
Due to limited staff hours, funds, and space we cannot accept the following:
- All Mattresses (please take to Wasilla First Pres. furniture barn)
- All Large Appliances (i.e. washers, dryers or refrigerators)
- All Vehicle tires or large parts (please take to a salvage company)
- All TVs over 32” (liability issue due to size and weight) (lack of space)
- Electronic Medical Equipment (Liability issues; please take to Access Alaska located on Check St. off the Knik Goose-Bay road).
- Any Computers (Please take to a computer repair shop for parts, or Mat-Su Central Landfill recycling bins)
- Any used Electrical products (i.e. hardwired light fixtures)
- Any Paints, Gardening chemical/spray, motor oil, or other Hazardous liquids (Please take to the Mat-Su Central Landfill recycling bins)
SUNDAY 8AM TO 4PM
MONDAY 8AM TO 4PM
WEDNESDAY 8AM TO 4PM
THURSDAY 8AM TO 4PM
FRIDAY 8AM TO 4PM
SATURDAY 8AM TO 4PM
Thank you for your continued Support.
On behalf of the directors, management and turn-A-leaf thrift store staff we’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our organization’s official website. Our mission is to serve the Mat-Su Valley with a wide array of superior products, services and resources to meet all of your needs through a quality thrift store environment. We are pleased you have decided to compare the services and products we offer, and we encourage you to select turn-A-leaf as your thrift store of choice. Please use our website to learn about us and explore all of the products and services we offer to those who are homeless or economically disadvantaged.
Remember; when we are your thrift store, your purchases financially support our organization’s Medical Equipment Lending, our programs and staff. That means that you are lending a helping hand to your Valley neighbor. Our programs have assisted thousands of Valley residents for decades! Maybe even you. Whether it is a child without a coat; a senior unable to afford medical equipment, or a family burned from their home; turn-A-leaf thrift store and Valley Charities, Inc. are there in time of need. We are focused on helping those individuals and families who fall between the cracks. Together we can help bridge the gap between unstable and stable economic times!
Again, thank you for visiting our website.
John Rozzi | E.D.
Valley Charities, Inc.