Mat-Su Reentry Coalition
Keeping our Communities Safe
The Mat-Su Reentry Coalition is a collaboration of individuals, community stakeholders, public and not-for –profit agencies, faith based and business partners who are united and committed to reducing recidivism among returning citizens to the Mat-Su community.
Our mission is to promote public safety by identifying and implementing strategies that increase former prisoners’ well-being within the community and reduce the likelihood of their return to prison through recidivating.
We accomplish this by:
- Improved communication and collaboration between the Alaska Department of Corrections and the community
- Building community partnerships to strengthen local services
- Identifying berries for those being released from incarceration and taking an active role in addressing those concerned
- Promoting community educational and training opportunities for those releasing regarding resources
- Work in conjunction with the Department of Corrections to inform and promote reentry efforts in Alaska
Mat-Su Reentry Newsletter:
Link to recording of the 2022 Mat-Su Reentry Summit held on January 11th, 12th and 13th, 2022:
2022 Mat-Su Reentry Summit
Northwest Credible Messenger Program Presentation at 2022 Mat-Su Reentry Summit
Link to recording of the September 2021 Community-Wide Meeting on Peer Support:
September’s Reentry Community-Wide Meeting on Peer Support
Link to recorded sessions from the 2021 Mat-Su Reentry Summit held on January 12th & 13th, 2021: 2021 Mat-Su Reentry Summit
For more information on joining the Reentry Coalition please contact:
Barbara Mongar, Mat-Su Reentry Coalition Coordinator
VOLUNTARY REENTRY PROGRAM
A screening interview is required before an appointment can be scheduled. Please call a Reentry Manager | Coordinator to determine if placement would be available.
Once offender is approved for the program and is eligible a Case Management Plan will be developed. Program is a six-month commitment. Once completed they are given a discharge plan to help navigate any other resources. If the offender is incarcerated, the case manger can come in and assist with release planning.
For request for Screening Interview please contact:
Brian Galloway, Reentry Case Manager
MAT-SU REENTRY DOCUMENTS